Monday, February 5, 2018

Compliments from Husband

So, yesterday I am getting ready for church. I have a new dusty brown jacket (for me anyway, it's a hand-me-down) and an old scarf that matches perfectly with a dark brown background and swirls of pink and peach roses. I also have a peach sweater to go under it. My hair is actually behaving for 5 minutes, and as I put on make-up I decide on a rose lipstick. 

Now, as a general rule, I wear neutral or a pale pink. This lipstick was a deep rose - not red - but pretty bright.

Husband takes one look at me and cocks his head to the side. "Should you blot that to make it, um, dimmer?"

"No, it's already blotted. Don't you like it?"

He's silent for a minute, contemplating. "Yeah, I like it. It just takes some getting used to. The rest of you is so -"

What is he going to say? Refer to my porcelain skin? My fair beauty? What?

"The rest of you is so beige."

There you have it boys and girls. I am beige.

Next time someone asks you what I look like, just tell 'em I'm beige.

With really pink lips.

No comments :

Post a Comment