Monday, January 29, 2018

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

I've just spent the majority of my day doing the thing I hate: being on hold.

I took a deep breath this morning and decided to tackle a bunch of stuff all today, because I hate it all.

There is an establishment (and most of you would know 'em if I named 'em), who has had a copy of one of my books since June 16. They were to review it and decide if they wanted to sell it, as they do some of my other books.

I've called eleven billion trillion times since then and most the time can't get anyone to talk to me, and when I do, they'll "check on it" and get right back to me.

Now this place is very, very successful. How, I have no idea. 

My mother's hearing aid ain't fitting, either. So I've been on the phone with them twice, argued over e-mail three times....and still don't have an answer.

I've made doctor appointments.

I've ordered some stuff, which went smoothly, though I hate to do it.

I've done laundry, and everything is running okay, there, too.

I've been on  hold with my credit card company  long enough to have a baby. I finally got help from them - not resolution, mind you - but some help with two mystery charges on our bill.

My question to you is this: Why are businesses less efficient than they used to be? Are we, the customer not valued anymore?

Okay, that was two questions. I've had a hard day. Give me a little slack.

No comments :

Post a Comment