Friday, January 5, 2018

Cold Enough Fer Ye?

I don't know about ya'll, but I feel like someone moved the South when I wasn't looking.

I've had on so many clothes, the inside of my arms haven't made contact with my body in days.

Hasn't seemed to help much, I'm still freezing to death.

Late yesterday evening, after five p.m. Daughter and I finished a meal at a local restaurant. And she couldn't find her keys. Well, she actually found them. Inside the car, where they were all locked up and safe.

Now, this restaurant was crowded and people were waiting to be seated, but we drug out sitting there as long as we possibly could. I called Brother of Many  Surgeries and ask that he call someone to HELP us, which he did. He even called back and said they'd be, and I quote, "a few minutes." 

We got up and stood at the door, a mighty cold place to stand. After twenty-five few  minutes, a feller showed up. We went outside, although he was already peering in the window of the car. He commenced to use all sorts of tools, and after standing outside just before six p. m. in waaaaay too cold air for twenty dang minutes, he got the door opened.

Like I said, I had on lots of layers. I managed to get my arms bent enough that I put my hands in my armpits, but I could barely breathe.

I guess you could say I have been froze and squoze. 

And not one flake of snow. 

No comments :

Post a Comment