Friday, April 21, 2017

Shopping

Yesterday I went with Husband for his post-op appointment with the doctor. Not to worry, he had a cataract removed, he can see better, all is well.

However; after the appointment, we grabbed a bite to eat. As some of you know, I can't sit for a long time, and by then it had been a long time, mostly sitting.

So I suggested we go in a local department store for ten minutes or so. That way I could walk a little and get on home. Also, since Husband is having his fifty year high school reunion in June, I wanted to see about new clothes. (Yes, he is hundreds of years older than I).

After wandering around in the desert of decent clothing, Husband found me. "I don't think I've ever seen so many ugly clothes in my life." I said to him.

Husband just shook his head, so I asked him was it me and he said, "Nooooo - these are really ugly clothes."

Now, I ain't inferring that either of us are fashion experts. But I am telling you, I ain't that hard to please. And these clothes were ugly.

I'm not talking about a rinky dink cheap shop, either. These ugly clothes were expensive. More than I'd pay for most attractive clothing. 

The only decent thing I saw were women's undies. They had some real purdies there, what there was of them, if you know what I mean.

The issue I have is most my clothes are old. Like as old as my daughter old.

My dressy clothes are circa 1999.

My newer clothes (what few I have) are falling off me since I lost twenty pounds, and my older clothes that actually fit again are falling off me because they are slap wore out and rot's set in.

I reckon I'll have to keep searching to find a "casual" outfit for this shindig. At least I have till the end of June.

Hey! At least they are all so old they won't even notice.

Right?

Whadda ya mean, they've only a few years older'n  me?

Hmmph!

No comments :

Post a Comment