Friday, August 5, 2016

One Of Those "I Can't Believe It" Days

Yesterday was a long, hard day. Taking Mother to the doctor should have been a deal over by ten a.m.; instead it was over at a little after two p.m. 

My legs and feet did not appreciate all the sitting, and in fact, they are punishing me as we speak. 

That's why I'm typing so fast!

However; a few things of note must be reported.

1. One the way home in NORTH GEORGIA, I saw a dead armadillo on the side of the road. 

I posted the fact on facebook, and several people responded that, they too, had seen dead armadillos. That makes the suspicion arise, as one reader said, "That there must be live ones out there."


2. It came a pretty intense thunderstorm at our house last evening. The brownouts were numerous; in fact, I expected electricity to be gone any  moment. It never happened. What did happen was that after one powerful thunderclap followed by hearing lightning strike, our car horn begin to blow. It blew for over a minute.

I called The Brother of Many Surgeries and asked him if that meant what I thought it meant...that our car had been struck by lightning.

He confirmed my suspicions and opined it could have done nothing to the car or could have melted and destroyed all the electrical work.

He instructed Husband to go out and see if the car would start (well, he said crank, all of us still say crank, even though I doubt any of us have ever had a car that you still had to crank). If it did indeed crank, then proceed to check all the lights, radio, horn, etc. Oh, and before he got in the car to make sure there wasn't melted wires and stuff hanging out from under the dash. 

Husband flatly refused to go. "Why would I do that in the middle of the storm when it may  have melted a car? I don't want to be melted."

So we had to wait out the storm before Husband would check out the car.

 Girly man.

I would have done it myself if I hadn't had more sense.

The good news is our little Cruiser was just fine. I guess she just got sort of a shock and was bleating out her misery.

That's all the news that is the news for now. 

No comments :

Post a Comment