Thursday, May 19, 2016

This, That and The Other

I know, I know. It's been a while.

But I have a truck load of excuses. Let me trot 'em out for you.

I was in bed in a useless shape for about three weeks, then got better with the miracle tape and had to catch up on everything.

There were some commitments I had to fulfill, and had looked forward to.

The serious part of that is I had to shave my legs twice in less than three weeks.

Now, I don't know about you, but my legs are down yonder ways, and they are long on top of that. My back does not appreciate it.

But I was dressing up, and pants just wasn't gonna cut it.

All these big doin-zis has got to stop, so I can at least catch my breath.

I've also been working on my next book, and possibly my next other book, I just ain't sure which is which.

I've read a great deal too. Did you see in the paper the article about the woman who lost her eyesight twenty years ago in a car wreck? Then she fell down a few weeks ago, and hurt her neck. When she came to out of surgery, she could see again. The docs have no idea why, and to top it off, she could see in color. She'd been colorblind all her life, previous to the blindness.

Which reminds me of a story I heard years ago about a woman who was disabled by severe pain of some sort (can't remember what was wrong). Anyway, she was in her kitchen and it came up a big storm. Lightning shot through the window, hit the floor where she was standing and actually put a whole in it. When she came to, all her pain was gone.

We've also been flossing up the back and front porches, making them livable again. I love seeing how they look in the spring after being ignored all winter. I feel like I have added on to my house.

Poor Eli, my Maine Coon cat, was so matted from shedding he had to have more than a crew cut this year. All that's left is his fluffy tail, his ruff around his neck and his long britches down his legs. He looks a great deal like a poodle, and I'm sorry for it.

We've been storming the gates of Heaven praying about a job Daughter has interviewed for. It seems just right for her.. You can add a prayer too, if  you will. Our feelings won't be hurt a'tall.

Oh, and I've had an eye infection. They forget to tell you that the antibiotic drops you put in your poor old eye hurt almost as much as the infection. But it's better.

Well, I guess I've rambled enough for tonight.

I'm gonna try and get regular again.

About blogging, I mean.

No comments :

Post a Comment