Thursday, March 31, 2016

Look, Just Tell Me the Right Time

In the  last year, or maybe a little longer, a very annoying policy has cropped up anywhere you make an appointment.

You call,  you make an appointment, say, for one p.m.

The day before the appointment, someone calls you to remind you of it. Then at the very end, they say, "Please arrive ten (or fifteen or twenty or thirty) minutes early in order to fill out the paperwork."

I don't do it. I arrive five minutes before my appointment time just like I've always done.

If they want me to be there at 12:45 instead of 1:00, then make my appointment for 12:45. They could let you know that you will be filling out paperwork first, because, like, you might not know that since you've lived under a rock for twenty years.

I'm not sure why this bothers me so much, but it does. 

Maybe it's because I plan my getting read time and my travel time to actually  match my arrival time for my appointment, then the day before they screw it all up.

I don't like it one little bit, so I have become a bit of a rebel regarding this. 

Not once has anyone scolded me  for not pitching my tent in front of their offices and arriving a day early to fill out paperwork.

Seriously, this is one little thing that drives me nuts.

Thanks for  listening. 

And if ya want to, join my rebel cause. 

We'll call ourselves OFWDLC

(old fogies who don't like change)

No comments :

Post a Comment