Monday, June 15, 2015

Wanna Buy a Book?

Selling books is an interesting thing. I've sold 18 in the last week, plus I checked at a store in a near by town and they'd sold 7 of the 8 they purchased from me.

That's wonderful. That's how I get to get another one published. You have to know your books will sell or they won't get published.

But that's not where my heart is. My heart is in writing.

Don't get me wrong, I want my books to sell, duh.

I have limited physical abilities, and I wish to spend most of them writing.

One thing I love about the sell, though, is people. I get to read out loud sometimes, and boy, I love that. I guess I'm a ham. I love to make people laugh (and cry;I admit it). It's a magical thing that happens between the reader and the listener. I've been on both sides, I love both sides.

During our whirlwind company coming last week, Husband took it upon himself to tie folks down and make 'em listen to me read from "Out on a Limb of the Family Tree".

They laughed. A lot.

Whew!

So, if you want me to come read to you I will. There are a few rules: I won't read to you if you are naked (like in the bathtub). I won't read if you are drunk (although singing for a drunk crowd one time brought me wild applause, whistles and a standing ovation), and I won't read if you won't pay attention.

Fair enough?

Then, if you like, you can read to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment