Monday, June 22, 2015

It Takes a Village

I just ate supper. I am full as a tick that just fell off a hound dog. (Look a lot like one, too, swole up and all. I really need to lose a dozen pounds, and I'm willing to share them if you want 'em. I'll even deliver (which is what I look like I'm about to do).)

I needed a bracket to put outside my two parentheses up there, but there ain't no brackets on the keyboard!

I digress. Scampers back up off the rabbit trail and gets back on the main road.

I prepared part of this food - but let me tell you about the rest. I was on the phone with my bestest friend (yes, she is taller, blonder and can sing AND play the piano, outshining me at every turn, but hey, I love her anyway). We were planning a play date, because school is finally out. She is still hanging on, not retired yet, but I have everything crossed but my wires that this upcoming school year will be her last so we can play more often.

Anyway, we started talking about food right outta the gate because she was grilling zucchini and squash. Then she told me about a salad she was marinating, and by the time she finished, I was drooling into my ears (I was lying down, resting my stupid back).

Since Husband was doing a grocery run in a few, she insisted he come by and she'd send me some of both.

Then Mother called and had a big old dutch oven full of baked beans, and gave instructions for Husband to pick some up.

So, he came back from the grocery store laden with not only the regular fair, but real food ready to eat.

I added to it, we ate like pigs, and the rest is history, so to speak.

We Southern women show our love often times through feeding those we love.

Today, I was shown a lot of love.

I am thankful for this love - I have shown it myself from time to time.

You make sure your baby is well fed. A man's heart is through his stomach. Romantic dinners, breakfasts served in bed.

The list goes on and on.

Now, can someone please help pull me out of this chair so I can waddle into the kitchen for clean up duty?

No comments :

Post a Comment