Thursday, June 25, 2015

Bless Be The Ties That Bind

Visiting my friend all day had me reflecting all the way home.

I've known her since sixth grade. And while our closeness waxed and waned during our young adult years, the affection never did, and we easily reconnected.

I have friends whom I have had for so long I don't remember life without them. We were born close together in years and in geography, and the rest, as they say, is  history. Our history.

I have friends that I've known since early adulthood - only thirty, twenty, fifteen years. Newcomers, you know.

I am favored with friendship from all walks of life - from doctors to the woefully unemployed.

Liberal and conservative and a lot of in between.

Male and female. 

Older than me, younger than me, the same age as me.

Christians, non-Christians.

Red and yellow, black and white...

I love and am loved.

Bless be the ties that bind, indeed.

No comments :

Post a Comment