Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving Past

I made dressing. Lots of dressing. Those of you who make it know how messy the process is. I made deviled eggs. Peeled cucumbers. Trimmed tomatoes.

The Great Hunter, Husband, went to fetch the turkey. Came back with two breasts. Men.

I took my haul to Mother's, to join the rest of the family with what they had prepared so we could have a feeding frenzy.

And I left my kitchen in the mess you can imagine it was in.

You can also imagine without much effort the shape I was in when I came back from the pig trough Mother's. BLECH.

So upon arising this morning, I didn't even want to go near the kitchen for fear of catching a glimpse of the horror that awaited me.

Lawd.

It took me all morning to clean that sucker up. Empty the dishwasher, then refill it. Scrub pans and big bowls and wooden handled things and muffin pans and counter tops and stove. And the sink was a health department nightmare under all that. First I scrubbed with comet, then sprayed it with Clorox.

Husband took off the garbage (well, he tried to, they were closed). At least he got it out of my kitchen.

There's still turkey left.

But ain't that the way it always is?



No comments :

Post a Comment