Friday, October 26, 2018

Don't Jump!

I am not the kind of person who loves to do new things that challenge me.

I guess I'm lazy. Or comfortable.

It doesn't scare me, because every once in a while, like some sort of whiz kid, I say, when asked, "Sure! That sounds like fun."

(Dear Lord, please don't let anyone ask me to bungee jump, jump out of an airplane or even just jump. Thank you.)

So, some weeks ago a friend asked me to be part of a show. To read some of her bee-yoo-tee-full poetry and to sing a song she wrote. "Sure! That sounds like fun." says I.

And it was. The first few practices of the music weren't all that fun, as learning new songs is a little difficult for me now that I'm hearing impaired.

But the show itself was fun. Some wonderful paintings by artists both great and new, poetry,  music, tears and laughter.

Doesn't that sound like fun to you?

So today's lesson is this: Open yourself to new things and enjoy yourself. 

Unless it involves jumping.

No comments :

Post a Comment