Friday, July 6, 2018

Of Lightning Strikes, Kidney Stones and Yankee Cousin

It's always an adventure when Yankee Cousin comes to visit each summer, and well it should be. But...

Not all adventures are Yippee and Wowzee and Oh boy! kind of adventures.

Firstly, we had to be at the Atlanta Airport before the crack of dawn. Well, okay, before 9:00 a.m. Fortunately, it was Saturday, so traffic wasn't like being in you-know-where. (Rush hour.)

Back at home with full Cracker Barrel bellies, we commenced to do nothing. Suddenly a severe thunderstorm was upon us and BAM! No electricity. For 6 hours.  We'd just fired up our battery operated lanterns for the night when power was restored. We appreciated the air conditioning coming back on.

The  next evening, BAM! No electricity. Yankee Cousin wailed (she did, she really did). Husband said, "Welcome to living in the mountains."

Lighting struck our modem, too. Just for extra kicks and giggles. 

I will say the fellas came early Monday morning to replace our modem. And the power was restored this time in under an hour.

Mid-week I started painin' in my, um, everything, as a kidney stone is wont to do. This went on for a day or two, then I passed that sucker but a UTI lingered. 

I told Yankee Cousin she must think  I'm the biggest hypochondriac in the whole world, because every time she's here, I have some weird physical ailment strike. 

She said she'd never, ever, never think that! (Me thinkest thou protesteth too much)

But worse, worse than all the above (well, nearly, it's hard to top a kidney stone, can I hear an amen) was I lost my brand new unopened pill bottle of hormone stuff that prevents hot flashes.

I have torn up the car, the pantry, my dresser drawers, etc. to no avail. The only thing I can figure is they somehow fell in the trash in the pantry. (whimpers)

I called the doc, and the nurse said that since hormone thieves aren't rampant, she'd agree to a refill early. 

Ya'll just don't know what a close call you had. 

No comments :

Post a Comment