Monday, July 10, 2017

Har-Moans

Seriously, I've been burning up for years. Since I went off the tiny dab of hormones last October I was on for a dozen years, I've been sweatin' like a sinner at revival. I just thought I had hot flashes before.

The worst is when I start to go to sleep. As soon as I start drifting, I go into a hot flash. Not just the first time, but two or three times before I can sleep.

During the day it's several times. If I get tense, I have a hot flash. If I get competitive in a card game and it's nearing the end, I have a hot flash. If I eat or drink something hot, I have a hot flash. If there is no air stirring, I have a hot flash. Sometimes, I have a hot flash just for the heck of it.

The doctor suggested herbal treatment when I had my yearly examination in May.

Tried them? Raise your hand. Can't? Arm stuck to your side with sweat? That's what I thought.

So I called the doc's office today. I was told he'd review my record and see if a "compound" of some mysterious stuff, which isn't supposed to post a danger like real hormones, would be helpful. The nurse said she'd call me back this afternoon.

Which she did. He had reviewed my records and come up with a formula that would be mixed at the drug store.

"Would you like me to call this in now?" The nurse asked. She said it real serious-like.

"Yes, I would." I can be serious, too.

A little while later the phone rang. It was my pharmacy. "Is this Kathrine?"

"Yes, it is."

"Dr So&so has called in a compound for you. Would you like us to fill this now?"

She also used a very serious voice. Sorta like, "Mr. President would you like to push the red button now" kinda voice. Or, "You realize when you sign  your  name you will owe a million dollars on your car. Here, on the dotted line." kinda voice.

I began to feel a little nervous. I mean, am I being sacrificed for the good of mankind or something?

What the heck. "Yes, I sure would."

"You may pick it up after five tomorrow. It will be a 90 day supply and it will be $68.00." She didn't add in a plain brown wrapper, but I won't be a bit surprised.

"My insurance won't cover this?"

"No. No, it won't."

Hmmmm.

I thanked her and hung up.

But I admit, I'm a little spooked.

I feel like I'm on a "Mission Impossible" episode.

Hope it's not me that blows up in sixty seconds.

More will be revealed.

Meanwhile, is it hot in here, or is it just me?

I thought so. 

No comments :

Post a Comment