Monday, May 1, 2017

Beginnings and Endings

I have two friends who are sisters. Their mother passed away this morning. She had not been well for several weeks, and it was inevitable, but when you have your mama living for 98 years, you just get to thinking maybe she'll stick around.

It made me realize that my grandmother passed away on this same date 27 years ago. As you may have read at other times, we buried her on her 84th birthday, which she would have loved.

I took note too, that my in-laws were married in 1937 on this date. They knocked on the preacher's door and he married them on the  porch in his bare feet.

I wonder how many babies were born today? And how many more folks passed on to the rest of their lives on this very day? 

Or will, before the day is ended.

It could be you, it could be me.

May first: a day of beginnings and endings.

No comments :

Post a Comment