Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Which Way Did They Go?

As I whined  mentioned previously, I have been having some pretty severe back problems.

Wonder tape and a back brace have helped me a lot.

So, after weeks of putting off a promised shopping trip with  Daughter to a store we both wanted to visit, in a town I haven't been to in about a dozen years, which lies about an hour plus a little from home, we decided to take off and just do it, as they say.

We had no trouble getting there, in fact it was a straight shot to the store. Okay, okay, so I accidentally had her turn into a Cracker Barrel parking lot, but that's human nature and I can't take responsibility for that.

We shopped for a good while, she tried on stuff, made some purchases and off we went toward home.

Except something went a teensy bit wrong and we rode "lost" for an hour and  a half extra. 

The aggravating thing is, I did this very same lost trip a dozen years ago. 

You can't leave this town the same way you go in, and the exiting is very strange. 

I had some underlying anxiety about this the whole time we shopped.

Perhaps it was a premonition. 

Anyway, I've paid the piper today, doing nothing but laundry and lying abed, editing away at my (maybe) next book.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be better and can blog about the 30 or so things I've been thinking about....

If I can just remember them.


No comments :

Post a Comment