Monday, August 31, 2015

This N That

Exciting things around Hill House going on:

Yesterday, Daughter came careening into the room, flapping her hands and making unintelligible sounds. She'd been to church without us, so I thought maybe our pastor had decided to try something different. 

But, no. Frost, the Great White Hunter had caught a real, live, field mouse and was holding it in his mouth. Daughter finally got out that the  mouse was looking at her as if to say, "What am I gonna do?" in a very distraught voice. Husband made Frost turn the mouse loose, shooed it into a waste basket and took it out to a thicket.

Today Husband was changing light bulbs in the street lights in the yard. He said one of the globes was extra hard to screw off, and when he lifted it a lot of gobby stuff came with it. When he peered in to see what it was, he was face to face, eye to eye with a big old hairy wolf spider. For those of you who don't know what a wolf spider looks like: 
Except they look more hairy in person. They are very large and them suckers jump - maybe to the left, maybe to the right, maybe straight.  

However; Husband jumped straight back and landed okay. He was on a ladder at the time.
Oh, and I hear Kanye West has announced he is going to run for president in 2020. That really puts  my mind to rest.

I'm still down in my back. I walk like I have a corn cob you-know-where. Couldn't be seen at my chiropractor today, of course. So tomorrow it is.

I reckon that's all for now.

Have a good 'un.

No comments :

Post a Comment