Saturday, October 12, 2019

All in the Fall

Husband has been working hard in the yard planting Iris, Day Lily, Daffodil and Hyacinth bulbs for spring. 

Of course, the planting was the easy part. First, we had to have more dirt hauled in. Then rich dirt mixed in with the good old red Georgia clay that won't grow squat. After that, holes dug. The easy part has been the actual planting of the bulbs.

Frankly, I'm exhausted by all the supervision.

Fall is finally in the air. our dogwoods are beginning to turn. I was afraid all the leaves were going to just fall off. Now if we can get a few days of good, steady rain, the leaves will be wonderfully colored.

I changed sheets on the bed yesterday, and this time Husband wanted flannel put on. He's in the mood for some cold weather.

The Apple Festival is in town, so we hear. We have enough sense not to find out for ourselves. I just hope there's parking for church tomorrow.

Dawgs lost. And from what my exploding Facebook page says, they handed the other team the win.

Husband listened to the game while  he planted bulbs. I hope they don't grow straight down and sideways because  he got excited and/or disgusted.

Did you see where Denver went from 83 degrees to 19 degrees in 24 hours and got a foot of snow? Mother Nature is really wacky. I want cooler weather, and you know I want snow soon, but not in a fast forward motion. Those folks must have been freezing to death! We need a smooth transition for some snow. Say, in six weeks. Yeah. 

Speaking of snow, it's almost as delicate to discuss with people as politics. Some hate snow, some love it. One has to be careful about enthusiasm or one will get conked on the head. 

One of my friends says I have a "snow affliction". I guess I do. 

Better than some afflictions, I reckon.

Thanks for reading!  




No comments :

Post a Comment