Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Music and Christmas Go Together....

Christmas music is a wonderful thing. 

Daughter and I sang a duet a few Sundays ago, and I will sing a solo on Christmas Eve. Folks who never sing or perform are eager to give it a try this time of year.

I think it's because we need extra outlets to rejoice. He is born, after all. The Hebrew nation didn't hear from God for around 400 years and then an angel spoke to a young girl named Mary.

By the way, do you notice in the Bible how women are so important? God spoke to Mary first after all those hundreds of years of not saying one thing. Women found the tomb empty. There were important women in the early churches, deaconess and prophetess alike. 

Anyway, we went to a Christmas musical the other night. Husband's first cousin co-wrote the score. It was held in a mega church. I'd never been in a church that was more like a concert hall before. 

I reckon you go where God calls you.

The musical was wonderful, I cried twice and rejoiced greatly.

Tis the Season!

No comments :

Post a Comment